If you are under 18 and break the law, you will be charged with a juvenile offense. It is not a crime. Your case will be handled by the Juvenile System, including Juvenile Corrections and Juvenile Court. This is true even if you are emancipated. There is an exception: a juvenile can be charged with a crime if, after a full hearing, the juvenile case is transferred to adult court.

We suggest you or your parents contact us well before your initial appearance in Court.  It is not too soon to contact us before the police contact you.
Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | ┬ęCopyright 2007-2024 Law Office of Eugene M. Whissel, II